Plastic Packaging Circular Innovation Programme
A chance to apply circular economy thinking to your business’ plastic packaging challenges.
The Plastic Packaging Circular Innovation Programme is designed to enable your business to meet 2025 plastic packaging commitments and contribute to a circular economy for plastic packaging that works in NZ via:
• Eliminating problematic and unnecessary packaging
• moving from single-use to reuse packaging
• innovating to ensure 100% of plastic packaging can be easily and safely reused, recycled, or composted by 2025
• contributing to radically improved economics and quality in recycling.
The programme is based on recommendations from our 2018 report: New Zealand’s Plastic Packaging System - an initial circular economy diagnosis.
It consists of packaging masterclass workshops to stay abreast of innovations and influence change across the packaging system
• access to collaborations on plastic packaging issues with other businesses and innovators
• individual support from SBN and its innovation partners
• innovations and progress showcased through SBN multi-media channels.
Next masterclass workshops:
#2 Tuesday October 15th – Innovate – moving away from traditional plastics to new materials, including compostable packaging
#3 Wednesday 20th November – Eliminate – design out problematic and unnecessary plastic packaging via reuse and other models
For more information and to join the programme please contact: Kate@sustainable.org.nz